Stakeholders’ Meeting 2015
A second and final stakeholder consultation was held in Brussels (BE) on 8th October 2015, during the fourth year of the project. The main objective of this final stakeholders’ workshop was to disseminate project results to stakeholders and facilitate sustainability of the project outcomes.
In particular, this workshop addressed the following topics:
- Choice of substances of interest and population of consumers
- Methodologies for food product collection
- Food preparation, composite formation, and chemical analysis
- Quality framework and European TDS centres
- Tools supporting data collection and exposure assessment
- Variation and trends in TDS data
- Proof-of-Principle TDS in selected countries
Chair of the workshop was Prof. Franz Ulberth (Head of the Standards for Food Bioscience Unit, Joint Research Centre’s Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements – JRC IRMM, BE). The co-chair was Dr Robert Dabeka (Research Scientist at Health Canada).
In total, 75 participants attended this workshop, 47 stakeholders and 28 representatives from the beneficiaries. Stakeholder groups included food authorities (63 %), academia (17 %), NGOs (13 %) and food companies (7 %), with representation from European Member States (24) as well as the USA, Canada and Colombia.
Programme and Presentations
Session 1: Total Diet Studies – Methodology
Jean-Luc Volatier (ANSES, FR)
Véronique Sirot (ANSES, FR)
Aida Turrini (CRA E, IT)
Laurence Castle (formerly of FERA, UK)
Karl Presser (ETHZ, CH)
Session 2: TDS Exposure Evaluation and Quality Assurance
Paul Finglas (IFR, UK) and Luísa Olivier (INSA, PT)
Oliver Lindtner (BfR, DE)
Jacob van Klaveren (RIVM , NL)
Jirí Ruprich (SZÚ , CZ)